Try this –
- View the SIDE Primary School Home Tutor video/DVD for ideas on how to set up the classroom effectively.
- Follow a timetable and establish a regular working routine to help everyone settle quickly to work.
- Be well organised and plan ahead to make your teaching role less stressful – prepare lessons the day/night before.
- Make lists of things you need to do and prioritise.
- Encourage your child to accept responsibility for being organised for each day.
- Organise lesson materials by using files, and magazine boxes so things can be easily accessed when needed.
- Seek help from other sources – an older sibling/your partner/phone the teacher.
- Use time in the car for oral work, games and revision.