My child has difficulty concentrating
Try this –
• Ensure your child has adequate sleep, good nutrition and plenty of water to drink.
• Remove any distraction.
• Ensure your child fully understands the requirements of a task. Keep monitoring progress and give your child encouraging feedback throughout the activity.
• Take morning and afternoon tea breaks.
• Take regular short breaks for some physical activity.
• Break each activity into small chunks.
• Remove staples from your child’s workbooks and place them in a file. This will enable you to take out the activities for the day so that the work load does not appear overwhelming.